Bon Jovi’s daughter overdoses on heroin
New York – Authorities have said singer Jon Bon Jovi’s 19-year-old daughter Stephanie was hospitalised after overdosing on heroin in a dorm at her New York state college.
Town of Kirkland police say an ambulance was sent to Hamilton College early yesterday after a report that a female had apparently overdosed on heroin.
Investigator Peter Cania said Stephanie Bongiovi is recovering at a hospital he declined to name.
Police say Bongiovi and 21-year-old Ian Grant were charged with drug possession.
A law-enforcement source told Hollyscoop that a small bag of heroin, marijuana and other drug paraphernalia was later discovered in Stephanie’s room.
Both were issued tickets and ordered to appear in court at a later date.
The musician’s representative hasn’t commented.
Jon Bon Jovi, together with his band Bon Jovi, will be performing in South Africa in May 2013.