Mass murder suspect released
A man taken in for questioning in connection with the murders of a tuck shop owner and her five children in Inanda, Durban, has been released, KwaZulu-Natal police said.
Police spokesman Colonel Vincent Mdunge said he was released due to insufficient evidence against him.
The man was taken in for questioning on Sunday – the same day the bodies of 38-year-old Nobuhle Leneha and her five children were found by her brother-in-law in her house.
The only survivor was a toddler, believed to be between 14- and 17-months-old. He was found strapped to his mother’s corpse.
The children were Khalalelo Bobora, 14; Tumelo Bobora, nine; Karabo Bobora, seven; Simpiwe, five; and three-year-old Takiso Bobora. All had been stabbed several times.
Mdunge said the woman’s husband was away at the time of the murders, believed to have been committed on Saturday.