My arrest and trial was revenge – Krejcir
Armed robbery charges against former Czech national and businessman Radovan Krejcir have been formally withdrawn in the Pretoria Magistrates’ Court.
Without giving the reason, prosecutor Casper Kruger told the court the State had made a decision to drop charges against Krejcir and two co-accused.
The magistrate then instructed Krejcir, Jason Domingues and Veselin Langanin to leave.
Charges against Krejcir in another case, involving a R4.5 million claim to an insurance company, had been provisionally withdrawn.
He was further embroiled in a legal battle to fend off attempts by the Czech government to extradite him, and had applied for refugee status in South Africa.
Krejcir said his arrest and subsequent trial was an act of retribution by South African authorities.
“I have always said it, this was all about revenge. How can people just turn up on a Saturday afternoon and arrest me for nothing?” he said outside the Pretoria Magistrate’s Court today.
“I am happy, very satisfied. I will be consulting my lawyers and we are going to decide what we are going to do next.”