Picture: Darren Whiteside/Reuters
City Press on Twitter
- Tributes pour in for ‘true hero’ Mbulaeni Mulaudzi: http://t.co/1E5MQhKGfl 4 hours ago
- Mozambique’s ruling party wins presidential race: http://t.co/AXbERWX7iS 4 hours ago
- Ramaphosa: BEE builds prosperous society: http://t.co/4CL2DpLmok 4 hours ago
- Hlaudi Motsoeneng appeals court orders: http://t.co/pEw4WPKLRW 4 hours ago
- Ka**ir slur costs employer R50 000: http://t.co/qiPU8hiOmX 18 hours ago
Thursday morning. The last day of Mampara Week. Where I come from, that’s the week before payday.
It should be increasingly difficult for South Africa’s top executives to justify their enormous pay packages, given the furore over excessive pay, the country’s high level of unemployment, and the huge disparity between the highest- and lowest-paid employees at companies.