Work continues on Malema home – report
Despite former ANC Youth League leader Julius Malema’s financial woes, builders returned to work on the site where his R16 million Sandton home was being built, according to a report.
Malema visited the home in upmarket Sandown Estates this week to check on progress at the property which features a rooftop deck and a bunker, Saturday Star reported today.
According to the newspaper, a deed search showed Malema did not own any properties in Johannesburg.
However, a worker on the site said Malema had taken a tour of the house this week.
“He came here to look at how far things were before it is completed,” the worker told the newspaper.
“He looked happy with what he was seeing as the workers returned to work for the first time this week since last year.”
Malema had the original R3.6 million house on the site torn down in 2011 so it could be replaced with his new house.
Saturday Star said it was evident work on the house was nearing completion with walls and floors plastered and only a roof and doors yet to be put on.