Picture: Phil Noble/Reuters
City Press on Twitter
- FRONT PAGE: Jacob Zuma’s royal tantrum: http://t.co/mhhx0tq9F2 2 hours ago
- The fortunes of SABC's two artful dodgers, Motsoeneng and Tshabalala, are linked to each other, says Mondli Makhanya: http://t.co/8WYjhJpPwU 2 hours ago
- Hlaudi Motsoeneng ready to challenge ruling against him all the way to the Constitutional Court: http://t.co/sUxvPl61lN 3 hours ago
- Cyril Ramaphosa charms the Eastern Cape: http://t.co/cTm09ZMR39 3 hours ago
- Pirates sink hapless Ajax: http://t.co/8mdeEEMgXS 4 hours ago
Thursday morning. The last day of Mampara Week. Where I come from, that’s the week before payday.
It should be increasingly difficult for South Africa’s top executives to justify their enormous pay packages, given the furore over excessive pay, the country’s high level of unemployment, and the huge disparity between the highest- and lowest-paid employees at companies.