Picture: Phil Noble/Reuters
City Press on Twitter
- BLOG: If only I had bras like JZ: http://t.co/tVowo0keuL by @PaddyHarper1 2 hours ago
- Scale of retrenchments exaggerated – MTN: http://t.co/ho0nO344wD by Mamello Masote 3 hours ago
- Thabiso Sekgala ‘a gentle, strong-willed soul’: http://t.co/UIKnhhLCEZ by Siyabonga Sithole and Snethemba Mthabela 3 hours ago
- #Nkandla: ANC scuppers motion to call Zuma: http://t.co/YGCkOIuPW7 3 hours ago
- Mario Balotelli’s 5 craziest moments: http://t.co/uVjUpt41lO 4 hours ago
Thursday morning. The last day of Mampara Week. Where I come from, that’s the week before payday.
It should be increasingly difficult for South Africa’s top executives to justify their enormous pay packages, given the furore over excessive pay, the country’s high level of unemployment, and the huge disparity between the highest- and lowest-paid employees at companies.