Four Democratic Alliance councillors in Tshwane are set to defect to the ANC, the ruling party has said.
Anybody who starts a political party on the eve of a general election is “abnormal” – just like people who think any party other than the ANC will win the May polls, President Jacob Zuma told supporters in Ga-Rankuwa, north of Pretoria.
A group of angry residents of Soshanguve Block G, Pretoria, hoisted banners and posters high into the air today to express dissatisfaction with their local councillor.
With the Amcu strike in the platinum sector well into its second month and labour relations at the forefront of every economic discussion, City Press asked political parties what they think should be done.
The ANC and the opposition DA last night came to a small screen near you as they started flighting their TV ads for the elections.
Former DA councillors who have crossed the floor in Gauteng have set up a campaign to try and lure even more of their former party colleagues to leave the opposition for the governing ANC.
Chancellor House’s sale of its Hitachi stake – tantamount to the ANC benefiting from South Africa’s power emergency – is a scandal that should infuriate South Africans, DA leader Helen Zille said.
The investment wing of the ANC has sold its 25% stake in Hitachi Power Africa, which has controversially benefited from stated-funded contracts.
Two DA councillors in Gauteng have defected to the ANC, the ruling party announced today.
The ANC Youth League has called on political role-players to respect performing artists who associated themselves with the ANC.
Gwede Mantashe thinks Prince Mashele and Mzukisi Qobo’s book on the ANC reads like propaganda
The ringleaders of the so-called “poo protests” in Cape Town will appeal sanctions imposed on them by the ANC.
The National Assembly has passed the Infrastructure Development Bill, which is meant to speed up implementation of strategic projects, with only the DA strongly opposing the draft law.
ANC councillor Loyiso Nkohla has been expelled from the party following his involvement in faeces-dumping protests.
Absa has stopped all political donations.
City Press on Twitter
- GALLERY: World Naked Bike Ride: http://t.co/nvXKfuC4nz 6 hours ago
- RT @ferialhaffajee: .@City_Press Sunday Black-outs likely until April, warns Eskom as it declared fourth emergency this week. 6 hours ago retweeted via ferialhaffajee
- RT @ferialhaffajee: .@City_Press Sunday A beautiful young model and chef. Shot dead. By her boyfriend. What happened in the court next door. 6 hours ago retweeted via ferialhaffajee
- RT @ferialhaffajee: .@City_Press Sunday ANC's 45% poll panic in the heartland. 6 hours ago retweeted via ferialhaffajee
- RT @ferialhaffajee: .@City_Press on Sunday The Blade Runner's second life: guns, girls and German models (a Russian too). 6 hours ago retweeted via ferialhaffajee