The ANC wants more money for political parties and is working on a national law that will govern the funding of those parties represented in Parliament.
The ANC has expressed shock at a decision by the US not to invite Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe to the US-Africa Leaders’ Summit which takes place from August 4-6.
Hundreds of thousands of rands of Gauteng health department money allegedly flowed to the ANC while patients in South Africa’s richest province went without life-saving treatment and medication.
- Hawks investigate government official in R1.6bn corruption scandal
- Not enough doctors, nurses at Baragwanath – Gauteng health MEC
- Gauteng health puts measures in place to stop negligence at hospitals
- Gauteng healthier, residents live longer – Nomvula Mokonyane
- Bloom put on ice over Hlongwa accusations
Buti Manamela, the young communist who swapped his copy of Das Kapital for ministerial suits, angered Economic Freedom Front (EFF) MPs when he compared his former pal and now commander in chief of the red berets, Julius Malema, to Adolf Hitler.
Economic Freedom Fighters leader Julius Malema says his supporters should stop paying their TV licences.
Speaking at the Joburg launch of the EFF book, The Coming Revolution, on Thursday (July 26 2014), EFF leader Julius Malema said the country faced bigger problems than the ruling party’s leadership.
- Watch – Julius Malema forcefully removed from Gauteng legislature
- Watch – SA protesters fuming over Gaza attacks
- Watch – Winnie Madikizela-Mandela worried about her children on Mandela Day
- Watch – Mangosuthu Buthelezi cleans up on Mandela Day
- Watch – Hlaudi Motsoeneng: Matric scandal doesn’t bother me
The Hawks confirmed they are investigating a government official for corruption involving R1.6 billion.
President Jacob Zuma has rebuked MPs, reminding them of the importance of respecting each other and of adhering to decorum when in the National Assembly.
Cape Town mayor and former Pan Africanist Congress MP Patricia de Lille today questioned why former president Thabo Mbeki told the nation that there was no prima facie evidence in relation to the arms deal.
DA Parliamentary leader Mmusi Maimane has dared President Jacob Zuma to show leadership or step aside.
The Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) rocketed into Parliament and the country’s provincial legislatures on a ticket of revolution, evolution and genuine social change.
A prominent grouping of South African lawyers has supported the ANC in Parliament’s call for Israel’s ambassador to South Africa, Arthur Lenk, to be expelled.
The ANC in Gauteng has dismissed allegations by the EFF that the ruling party planned to disrupt the party’s one-year anniversary rally in Soweto on the weekend.
ANC deputy secretary-general Jessie Duarte raised the ire of the pro-Israel lobby the other day when she compared the actions of that country’s government to the brutality of the Nazis in Germany.
Sophia Teffo is not one to speak about the good old days.
City Press on Twitter
- Metal sector wage deal ‘a product of sweat and bitter struggles’: http://t.co/vSVhzWmN2P 4 hours ago
- Happy Feet: Snoop Dogg is now making socks: http://t.co/nUHZIr4ch4 6 hours ago
- MT @cousinNorman: No. And they won't have the money either. "Will government have enough time to process all the #land claims?" 6 hours ago
- MT @RyanPaulJames89: Can they show us the success stories from the first phase? "Will govt have enough time to process all #land claims?" 6 hours ago
- MT @mariahorton14: Like with all other issues, maybe appoint&pay consultants!?? "Will govt have enough time to process all #land claims?" 6 hours ago
In the wake of Mandela Day, Milisithando Bongela questions what the pervasive image of Madiba and the narrative of ‘reconciliation’ really means.
Readers react cynically to the news that Public Works Minister Thulas Nxesi is cracking the whip over Nkandla spending
The era of having your cake and eating it seems to be coming to an end for government officials suspended on full pay. That’s if Public Service and Administration Minister Collins Chabane gets his way.