President Jacob Zuma addressed thousands of Universal Church members at Joburg’s Ellis Park Stadium on Good Friday.
Just a day after President Jacob Zuma promised to slaughter cows to celebrate the ANC’s election victory, Julius Malema did the same at an EFF mini-rally in the same province.
“Hooliganism is in the DNA of the ANC. We are not shocked that such happened,” the EFF’s Floyd Shivambu said after a scuffle involving ANC supporters broke out at Wits University.
Members of the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God arrived in buses, cars and on foot for the Good Friday service and to hear President Jacob Zuma speak at Ellis Park Stadium, Joburg.
ANC national chairperson Baleka Mbete is protecting President Jacob Zuma by using culture to defend corruption behind the security upgrades in Nkandla, DA MP Lindiwe Mazibuko has said.
- Baleka Mbete: ‘You don’t interfere with a man’s kraal’
- ANC says it won’t rush Nkandla committee
- Thuli Madonsela won’t discuss Nkandla findings with ministers
- The question Gwede Mantashe couldn’t answer: Did Nkandla harm ANC image?
- Parliamentary committee on Nkandla first step towards Zuma removal – DA
ANC national chairwoman Baleka Mbete suggested the party could have a closer relationship with the National Freedom Party in KwaZulu-Natal after the May 7 elections.
Former intelligence minister Ronnie Kasrils is an “enemy of the people” with his No Vote campaign, the Umkhonto We Sizwe Military Veterans Association (MKMVA) has said.
“I am not working but I’m not unemployed,” former National Youth Development Agency leader (NYDA) Andile Lungisa has said.
If the ANC wins the Western Cape in the May 7 general election, Cosatu will ask it to fire more than half the white senior civil servants.
The Sidikiwe! campaign, geared at encouraging South Africans to vote against the ANC or spoil their votes, was launched by Ronnie Kasrils and Nozizwe Madlala-Routledge at Wits University on Tuesday (April 16 2014).
Cosatu general secretary Zwelinzima Vavi is back to doing the trade union federation’s work and campaigning for the ANC, its president Sidumo Dlamini has said.
Two men convicted of assaulting DA members putting up election posters in Shatale, Bushbuckridge, did not belong to the ANC, the party has said.
DA leader Helen Zille has urged the youth to remember where the country came from and to use their votes to help shape the future.
Disgruntled Mpumalanga ANC members have taken their complaints about Premier David Mabuza’s leadership style to secretary-general Gwede Mantashe.
South Africans have confidence in the African National Congress, party treasurer-general Zweli Mkhize has said.
City Press on Twitter
- Watch – Thousands gather to hear Zuma speak at Easter service http://t.co/wkgd9BQ7fh 13 hours ago
- Jacob Zuma, Julius Malema make same promise in same province: http://t.co/YlN3bmQqbv by @PolokoTau 14 hours ago
- Liverpool trio on shortlist for PFA player of the year: http://t.co/hzAowHmLpw 15 hours ago
- RT @polokotau: #EFFModimolle Malema chanting "kiss the boer, the farmer" after his address 15 hours ago
- MT @polokotau: #EFFModimolle Just a day after Zuma promised to slaughter cows to celebrate ANC victory, Malema is promising the same here 15 hours ago