DA Parliamentary leader Mmusi Maimane has dared President Jacob Zuma to show leadership or step aside.
The Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) rocketed into Parliament and the country’s provincial legislatures on a ticket of revolution, evolution and genuine social change.
A prominent grouping of South African lawyers has supported the ANC in Parliament’s call for Israel’s ambassador to South Africa, Arthur Lenk, to be expelled.
The ANC in Gauteng has dismissed allegations by the EFF that the ruling party planned to disrupt the party’s one-year anniversary rally in Soweto on the weekend.
ANC deputy secretary-general Jessie Duarte raised the ire of the pro-Israel lobby the other day when she compared the actions of that country’s government to the brutality of the Nazis in Germany.
Sophia Teffo is not one to speak about the good old days.
ANC stalwart Winnie Madikizela-Mandela hosted senior citizens in Soweto on Friday (July 18 2014) during the first commemoration of former president Nelson Mandela’s birthday after his death.
The Limpopo ANC will use an old disciplinary outcome to get 22 recently expelled councillors out of the troubled municipality.
The SA Jewish Board of Deputies has lodged a complaint with the SA Human Rights Commission over a Facebook post justifying the Holocaust.
Public Protector Thuli Madonsela has received more criticism from the justice ministry for her remarks to the media and her perceived reluctance to refer cases to other agencies.
Forensic investigator Paul O’Sullivan voted for the ANC just hours after quitting Agang SA.
President Jacob Zuma is healthy and continues with his work, he said in an interview posted online.
Tired of a god (Nelson Mandela) and a philosopher (Thabo Mbeki), the governing ANC chose in Jacob Zuma an everyman as its president.
One of the most influential ANC structures in the Eastern Cape has been disbanded by the province’s leadership.
The ANC in KwaZulu-Natal has condemned the burning of a house, a church and a court building in Pongola after parts of the body of a three-year-old boy was found at the church.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @Dumza44144: thts its forward EFF forward "EFF is a ‘government-in-waiting’, Malema tells Parliament" 5 hours ago
- MT @Svidge101: EFF is a disaster in waiting "EFF is a ‘government-in-waiting’, Malema tells Parliament" 5 hours ago
- MT @theodorecrav: A nursery school has more discipline than that lot. "EFF is a ‘government-in-waiting’, Malema tells Parliament" 5 hours ago
- #Trending's motoring guru says the new Renault Duster might just be the 4x4 for you and your budget: http://t.co/i54vPoiaKK 5 hours ago
- Nigeria market bomb targeted opposition leader: http://t.co/mK3jcSD4Y8 5 hours ago
- How Hlaudi Motsoeneng lied in SABC application: 4 E’s and an F in ‘matric’
- 40 000 join Cape Town protest against Israeli attacks
- Transnet faces biggest class action in SA history over stripping of pension fund assets
- Why SA men have far less sex than the global average
- 10 steps to develop black professors
Saturday. The Croc and I are up bright and early. Impolitely so, if you ask me, but we don’t have a choice. The Commander in Chief is in town so that’s that.
Honestly, do we really need the department of public works? Has it brought us anything but embarrassment and scandal?