Murder accused MEC China Dodovu today drove from North West to Johannesburg to host a media conference to clear his name.
About 200 ANC members sang and danced outside the Klerksdorp Magistrates’ Court today in opposition to bail for eight men accused of killing North West ANC official Obuti Chika.
North West Premier Thandi Modise has appealed for calm following the arrest of local government MEC China Dodovu in connection with the murder of ANC regional secretary Obuti Chika.
ANC secretary-general Gwede Mantashe has reacted with shock to the assassination of a North West ANC regional secretary this morning.
City Press on Twitter
- Media barred from #Nkandla disciplinary hearings: http://t.co/ly2e5t1gHI 3 hours ago
- 2014 was the year of HipHop, tune in to @MTVbaseafrica now to see who's on the list of this years hottest MC's #SAHottestMCs #trending 3 hours ago
- SA endorsed Mugabe’s 2002 poll victory – Tsvangirai: http://t.co/dgrObwSVe9 3 hours ago
- Kim Kardashian the sour cow #trending http://t.co/chECaQggfI 3 hours ago
- GALLERY: Ariana Grande, Maroon 5 and Pharrell perform on Grammy holiday special: http://t.co/l2k83bDlai 3 hours ago
Tuesday. I’m catching up on some reading after a week of higher learning. A pretty damned fine gig. Hanging around Wits, learning shit from cats not much older than my offspring, Small James and Big James.
The silence is about protecting white male privilege, which is under scrutiny in South Africa’s university system.
The ANC has lost moral authority. The public, even its voting public, no longer believes the party will do the right thing.