Murder accused MEC China Dodovu today drove from North West to Johannesburg to host a media conference to clear his name.
About 200 ANC members sang and danced outside the Klerksdorp Magistrates’ Court today in opposition to bail for eight men accused of killing North West ANC official Obuti Chika.
North West Premier Thandi Modise has appealed for calm following the arrest of local government MEC China Dodovu in connection with the murder of ANC regional secretary Obuti Chika.
ANC secretary-general Gwede Mantashe has reacted with shock to the assassination of a North West ANC regional secretary this morning.
- Brian Hlongwa corruption allegations taken to integrity committee
- KZN councillors slash R1.3m from personal debt to councils
- ‘Expel Israeli ambassador’ say pro-Palestine picketers
- King Zwelithini’s sixth wedding, tight deadlines and 3G gridlock
- Aleck Skhosana questions team selection for African Championships
City Press on Twitter
- AUDIO: Julius Malema: Anarchy or rhetoric? by @TshepoLesole 3 hours ago
- Sanral justifies lodging secrecy application behind closed doors: http://t.co/zHDh2TWAKs 3 hours ago
- Gwede Mantashe warns against ‘suicidal’ strikes: http://t.co/bljZ75PP1L 4 hours ago
- Sundowns should not compete for all trophies this season – Pitso Mosimane: http://t.co/XxJsc7vLhX 4 hours ago
- Thandi Modise’s farm manager denies threats, says he was called a kaf**r: http://t.co/dmJRihx5VT 4 hours ago
In the wake of Mandela Day, Milisithando Bongela questions what the pervasive image of Madiba and the narrative of ‘reconciliation’ really means.
Readers react cynically to the news that Public Works Minister Thulas Nxesi is cracking the whip over Nkandla spending
The era of having your cake and eating it seems to be coming to an end for government officials suspended on full pay. That’s if Public Service and Administration Minister Collins Chabane gets his way.