Murder accused MEC China Dodovu today drove from North West to Johannesburg to host a media conference to clear his name.
About 200 ANC members sang and danced outside the Klerksdorp Magistrates’ Court today in opposition to bail for eight men accused of killing North West ANC official Obuti Chika.
North West Premier Thandi Modise has appealed for calm following the arrest of local government MEC China Dodovu in connection with the murder of ANC regional secretary Obuti Chika.
ANC secretary-general Gwede Mantashe has reacted with shock to the assassination of a North West ANC regional secretary this morning.
City Press on Twitter
- “Nigerian men know how to speak up for themselves and they can provide for women,” says DA's Makashule Gana: http://t.co/JsdD8IgN2N 2 hours ago
- Less than two weeks after dismissing three of the four “rebel” members of Parliament, the EFF has appointed new MPs: http://t.co/eXWoOPHotY 3 hours ago
- “Our streets are overrun with criminality and our young people are calling foreigners the enemy,” says Makashule Gana http://t.co/XDg5Gd0unY 3 hours ago
- “There is nothing we can do to bring back Emmanuel Sithole. We can but ensure such brutality does not happen again.” http://t.co/kLRNnBau43 3 hours ago
- There is no woman more seasoned than AU chairperson to take a tilt at becoming South Africa’s first female president http://t.co/FAf2zCM79j 4 hours ago
I’m busy working on Saturday’s babalaas when I get an SMS from a government spin doctor: “King Goodwill Zwelithini is going to talk about the xenophobia at KwaHlongwa near Maphumulo in a couple of hours’ time.”
Zulu king Goodwill Zwelithini is out of order when he rages and points fingers at the media, accusing it of twisting his words when he said foreigners must leave South Africa and go back to their countries.
The rest of Africa is Simply, Better, Faster than South Africa, to borrow a phrase from Standard Bank, one of the big four banks that are minting it on our continent.