Popular talk radio host David O’Sullivan is parting ways with a station he has called home for nearly two decades.
Making sure each generation is better off than the one before it is among the reasons Pheladi Gwangwa, station manager of Talk Radio 702 and patron of Future of the African Daughter (Fotad), became a philanthropist. See our special report on African philanthropy
New Gauteng talk station PowerFM tried to poach prominent broadcaster Redi Tlhabi from Talk Radio 702, apparently to head up their breakfast show, but she rejected their offer.
City Press on Twitter
- TALKING POINT: School governing bodies are calling for lower municipal tariffs for public schools. http://t.co/sfjmtV4adR Have your say. 3 hours ago
- POLL: 53% say Steve Hofmeyr's ego is the least of the courts' worries while 3% say he's right about censorship. Vote: http://t.co/lws0eCTHds 3 hours ago
- Peters tackles heavy trucks in rush-hour traffic: http://t.co/TY0e5PmXY4 3 hours ago
- ‘Schools need lower municipal tariffs’: http://t.co/EFknwNMcZb by @vercingetorics 4 hours ago
- Petrol price to drop 69 cents: http://t.co/BHkL9mxUNU 4 hours ago
Wednesday. I’m hungry. I’m thinking about Doctor Hunter S Thomson.
The recent behaviour displayed by our parliamentarians is disturbing, with the name-calling, shouting and refusal to obey the rules of the House.
There is nothing as sweet as a hard-earned victory. Ask Bafana Bafana. They should be over the moon at qualifying for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea.