The harsh realities of juggling the domestic programme and Confederation of African Football (CAF) Champions League commitments will set in for Mamelodi Sundowns when they kick off their continental campaign on February 14.
The joint top scorers at the Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) – André Ayew (Ghana), Ahmed Akaïchi (Tunisia) and Thievy Bifouma (Congo) – have just two goals each so far.
Bafana Bafana will only arrive back in South Africa tomorrow, due to the Confederation of African Football’s failure to arrange a flight for the team.
“Do you remember me?” Ghana’s Jonathan Mensah asked a surprised Darren Keet when they met at Hotel de Mongomo last week.
South Africans will have to get used to seeing Tokelo Rantie picking up the ball the next time Bafana Bafana are awarded a penalty.
South Africa and Ghana could be the first casualties of this year’s edition of the Africa Cup of Nations. The two countries are on the verge of becoming the first teams to be eliminated from the tournament after two games.
The Confederation of African Football says it will announce who will replace Libya as host of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations on April 8.
Bafana Bafana coach Shakes Mashaba believes his team has the mental strength to bounce back from their 3-1 defeat by Algeria on Monday.
Despite plenty of optimism from an expectant South Africa, Bafana Bafana are already playing for their lives as the Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea enters its second round of fixtures.
The 2015 edition of the African Cup of Nations is in full swing. We take a look at what football fans from the 16 participating nations have worn to the games
Sports Minister Fikile Mbalula has said criticism directed at Bafana Bafana striker Tokelo Rantie for his missed penalty against Algeria earlier in the week was unwarranted.
Sports Minister Fikile Mbalula has urged South Africans to support Bafana Bafana, no matter what, in their Africa Cup of Nations campaign in Equatorial Guinea.
Bafana Bafana’s captain, Dean Furman, says that South Africa were unlucky to lose to Algeria and that their next game is vital.
Senegal’s Moussa Sow broke Ghana’s hearts with a last-gasp goal that earned his team three points in the opening game of Group C.
City Press on Twitter
- RT @ferialhaffajee: .@City_Press on Sunday Now this. Round 2 of Cop minister vs Robert McBride. 3 hours ago
- RT @ferialhaffajee: .@City_Press on Sunday Hitler. Really. Why are so many Alliance leaders calling Julius Malema a neo-Nazi? 3 hours ago
- RT @ferialhaffajee: .@City_Press on Sunday Provincial staffers have a whole list of problems with the premier's hipster market. 1,2,3... 3 hours ago
- MT @ferialhaffajee: The President's detail has some fancy thatches at Nkandla. So why are they staying at local lodges? @City_Press Sunday 3 hours ago
- MT @ferialhaffajee: @City_Press on Sunday From one person one vote, to one man one #SideChick. 4 alternative companions speak out. 3 hours ago
Wednesday. The Croc (photographer Khaya Ngwenya) andI are hanging out with Riyana Bujram. Riyana’s this fearless, in charge-of-the world three-year-old.
South Africa is easily spooked by bogus intelligence reports. It is easy to lose count of the number of so-called intelligence reports that have been used in factional wars throughout our democratic era.