The harsh realities of juggling the domestic programme and Confederation of African Football (CAF) Champions League commitments will set in for Mamelodi Sundowns when they kick off their continental campaign on February 14.
The joint top scorers at the Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) – André Ayew (Ghana), Ahmed Akaïchi (Tunisia) and Thievy Bifouma (Congo) – have just two goals each so far.
Bafana Bafana will only arrive back in South Africa tomorrow, due to the Confederation of African Football’s failure to arrange a flight for the team.
“Do you remember me?” Ghana’s Jonathan Mensah asked a surprised Darren Keet when they met at Hotel de Mongomo last week.
South Africans will have to get used to seeing Tokelo Rantie picking up the ball the next time Bafana Bafana are awarded a penalty.
South Africa and Ghana could be the first casualties of this year’s edition of the Africa Cup of Nations. The two countries are on the verge of becoming the first teams to be eliminated from the tournament after two games.
The Confederation of African Football says it will announce who will replace Libya as host of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations on April 8.
Bafana Bafana coach Shakes Mashaba believes his team has the mental strength to bounce back from their 3-1 defeat by Algeria on Monday.
Despite plenty of optimism from an expectant South Africa, Bafana Bafana are already playing for their lives as the Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea enters its second round of fixtures.
The 2015 edition of the African Cup of Nations is in full swing. We take a look at what football fans from the 16 participating nations have worn to the games
Sports Minister Fikile Mbalula has said criticism directed at Bafana Bafana striker Tokelo Rantie for his missed penalty against Algeria earlier in the week was unwarranted.
Sports Minister Fikile Mbalula has urged South Africans to support Bafana Bafana, no matter what, in their Africa Cup of Nations campaign in Equatorial Guinea.
Bafana Bafana’s captain, Dean Furman, says that South Africa were unlucky to lose to Algeria and that their next game is vital.
Senegal’s Moussa Sow broke Ghana’s hearts with a last-gasp goal that earned his team three points in the opening game of Group C.
City Press on Twitter
- RT @ferialhaffajee: .@City_Press on Sunday How Helen Zille was pushed - tsjoe! House of Cards stuff. 6 hours ago
- MT @ferialhaffajee: This Sunday "The majority of employees at my security company are Zimbabwean. A Zimbabwean pushed me out" Inside the Mob 6 hours ago
- MT @ferialhaffajee: "Everytime I look for a job, we are met by Nigerians and Zimbabweans saying there's no job." Inside the Mob this Sunday 6 hours ago
- RT @ferialhaffajee: "The king has spoken. He is the mouth that tells no lies," and then they attacked .@City_Press on Sunday Inside the Mob. 6 hours ago
- RT @ferialhaffajee:"Wathela wayeka"-it's open season on foreigners, said Sifiso Mbambo of Jeppe Hostel .@City_Press on Sunday Inside the mob 6 hours ago
Rhodes was a nasty piece of work. The statue should have been pulled down and given to the Apartheid Museum in about May 1994.
Cosatu spin doctor Patrick Craven will be remembered as one of the best propagandists who marshaled the federation in supporting Jacob Zuma’s march to power.
One of South Africa’s most exciting soccer stars, Jabu Mahlangu, once opened up about his alcohol addiction, saying that things got so bad, there were times he was drunk when he took to the pitch.