What do Buhlebuyeza Wilson Mkhwanazi, Sibusiso Blessing Khumalo, Siyabonga Nhlapho, Siphelele Mthembu and Themba Zwane have in common?
Bafana Bafana coach Gordon Igesund has been cleared of any wrongdoing by a task team headed by Advocate Norman Arendse.
Embarrassed tournament organisers admit they dropped the ball.
The municipal manager of Mpumalanga’s capital has finally been suspended following weeks of uncertainty over his future.
Nothing is being left to chance for the 2014 African Championship of Nations (Chan) tournament, Local Organising Committee (LOC) chief executive Mvuzo Mbebe has said.
Tripoli – Libya are pushing hard to host the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations, a chance to showcase the footballing prowess of its youth and mark a return to normal times in a country plagued by post-revolutionary unrest.
I had a dream the other day. In my dream, the 29th Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) had just finished and the two of you were sitting in some cosy office and having a serious, honest discussion.
Puma, Nike, Adidas
Despite referee Daniel Bennett hogging the limelight for all the wrong reasons after a shocking evening at Mbombela Stadium on Wednesday, PSL representatives in the Africa Cup of Nations have done the league proud, writes Timothy Molobi in Durban.
President Jacob Zuma has wished Bafana Bafana well for their Afcon quarter-final clash against Mali.
Remember Mbombela? Remember the dance of shame!
“If you believe in God He will do wonders for you. I am now living my dream because of Him.”
There are weird ways to celebrate in the world of football but that of DR Congo goalkeeper Robert Muteba Kidiaba is one of a kind.
To say the organisation of this year’s Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) is a shambles, would be an understatement.
The Africa Cup of Nations is known as a marketplace to window-shop for new talent, which could be a boon for Bafana Bafana’s Dean Furman.
- Brian Hlongwa corruption allegations taken to integrity committee
- KZN councillors slash R1.3m from personal debt to councils
- ‘Expel Israeli ambassador’ say pro-Palestine picketers
- King Zwelithini’s sixth wedding, tight deadlines and 3G gridlock
- Aleck Skhosana questions team selection for African Championships
City Press on Twitter
- Top doctor dies from Ebola after treating dozens: http://t.co/PGoB069p9i 2 hours ago
- Buy one of SA’s banks, Tito Mboweni tells government: http://t.co/Es3oB7cGJ7 2 hours ago
- Radovan Krejcir, George Louca Interpol files stolen: http://t.co/qPyxXha6Ek 3 hours ago
- Parliament tightens screws on politicians’ business dealings: http://t.co/Ja2gfO3PT7 3 hours ago
- Nationalisation is capitalism by a new name, writes @telbelsa: http://t.co/SFjdP4ZPlT 4 hours ago
In the wake of Mandela Day, Milisithando Bongela questions what the pervasive image of Madiba and the narrative of ‘reconciliation’ really means.
Readers react cynically to the news that Public Works Minister Thulas Nxesi is cracking the whip over Nkandla spending
The era of having your cake and eating it seems to be coming to an end for government officials suspended on full pay. That’s if Public Service and Administration Minister Collins Chabane gets his way.