Former estate agent Wendy Machanik’s criminal case is set to continue in the Johannesburg Specialised Commercial Crimes Court today. Machanik and the chief financial officer of Wendy Machanik Property Holdings, Bruce Bernstein, last appeared on July 21. They face charges including conspiracy to commit fraud, failing to keep accounting records and failing to reflect more […]
johannesburg specialised commercial crimes court
Three people accused of fraud alongside controversial businessman Sandile Majali would be sent for mental observation, the Johannesburg Specialised Commercial Crimes Court ruled today. “I believe it would be in the interests of justice that all three accused be referred for mental observation,” said Magistrate Ashika Ramlaal. Majali and accused number five, Linda Welencia Dlamini, […]
City Press on Twitter
- Ka**ir slur costs employer R50 000: http://t.co/qiPU8hiOmX 3 hours ago
- Gambling board blows millions on overseas trips: http://t.co/FTlkedE6VS 4 hours ago
- Jacob Zuma cancels United Kingdom trip: http://t.co/eypX0PqGRQ 4 hours ago
- Zuma-Mantashe rift report ‘entrenches racist narrative’: http://t.co/aPfgmaqJcg 5 hours ago
- RT @albert_mashamba: Their pride is just too huge to swallow. They have been beaten by the DA hands down. #talkingpoint 5 hours ago
Thursday morning. The last day of Mampara Week. Where I come from, that’s the week before payday.
It should be increasingly difficult for South Africa’s top executives to justify their enormous pay packages, given the furore over excessive pay, the country’s high level of unemployment, and the huge disparity between the highest- and lowest-paid employees at companies.