Former estate agent Wendy Machanik’s criminal case is set to continue in the Johannesburg Specialised Commercial Crimes Court today. Machanik and the chief financial officer of Wendy Machanik Property Holdings, Bruce Bernstein, last appeared on July 21. They face charges including conspiracy to commit fraud, failing to keep accounting records and failing to reflect more […]
johannesburg specialised commercial crimes court
Three people accused of fraud alongside controversial businessman Sandile Majali would be sent for mental observation, the Johannesburg Specialised Commercial Crimes Court ruled today. “I believe it would be in the interests of justice that all three accused be referred for mental observation,” said Magistrate Ashika Ramlaal. Majali and accused number five, Linda Welencia Dlamini, […]
City Press on Twitter
- New-look Wits ‘scrappy’ but finally coming right – Gavin Hunt: http://t.co/OXUluKcBo2 4 hours ago
- Photographer sues Justin Bieber, bodyguard over beach altercation: http://t.co/zRlNMBSkKK 4 hours ago
- No protests in Daveyton overnight as talks continue: http://t.co/wA93hrjOBO 4 hours ago
- Former police spokesperson in court for fake matric certificate: http://t.co/bkqjh24L13 4 hours ago
- Cracks in oversight should be a concern – Thuli Madonsela: http://t.co/7YZLu7tyvt 4 hours ago
Charity is a step back in alleviating poverty. At the recent economic summit held in the US, President Barack Obama stressed the need to increase funding to Africa.
The ANC stalwart, Pallo Jordan, did the right thing. Upon being found to have pimped his qualifications by the Sunday Times, he resigned as an MP.