Former estate agent Wendy Machanik’s criminal case is set to continue in the Johannesburg Specialised Commercial Crimes Court today. Machanik and the chief financial officer of Wendy Machanik Property Holdings, Bruce Bernstein, last appeared on July 21. They face charges including conspiracy to commit fraud, failing to keep accounting records and failing to reflect more […]
johannesburg specialised commercial crimes court
Three people accused of fraud alongside controversial businessman Sandile Majali would be sent for mental observation, the Johannesburg Specialised Commercial Crimes Court ruled today. “I believe it would be in the interests of justice that all three accused be referred for mental observation,” said Magistrate Ashika Ramlaal. Majali and accused number five, Linda Welencia Dlamini, […]
City Press on Twitter
- Boy Mamabolo and shooting suspect ‘known to be enemies’ – family: http://t.co/amwwS0jf32 by @PolokoTau 3 hours ago
- Robin Thicke ‘was high, didn’t write Blurred Lines’: http://t.co/84hEUAOvnY 4 hours ago
- 5 facts as the Champions League returns: http://t.co/a1HipmeQ2X 4 hours ago
- Grabouw tense, roads closed after violent protests: http://t.co/jr64xAye67 4 hours ago
- ‘Kill all whites’ incident: No complaint laid at University of Pretoria: http://t.co/niStwnJmZv 5 hours ago
Friday. We’re at King Goodwill Zwelithini’s eNyokeni Palace at Nongoma for the annual Reed Dance.
I heard with shock when insults were elevated to another level by Kebby Maphatsoe, a leader of government who audaciously called Public Protector Thuli Madonsela a CIA spy and accused her of undermining the ANC.
The decision by the Northern Cape education department to close down schools in Kuruman for the rest of the year is a tragic and regrettable one.