Former estate agent Wendy Machanik’s criminal case is set to continue in the Johannesburg Specialised Commercial Crimes Court today. Machanik and the chief financial officer of Wendy Machanik Property Holdings, Bruce Bernstein, last appeared on July 21. They face charges including conspiracy to commit fraud, failing to keep accounting records and failing to reflect more […]
johannesburg specialised commercial crimes court
Three people accused of fraud alongside controversial businessman Sandile Majali would be sent for mental observation, the Johannesburg Specialised Commercial Crimes Court ruled today. “I believe it would be in the interests of justice that all three accused be referred for mental observation,” said Magistrate Ashika Ramlaal. Majali and accused number five, Linda Welencia Dlamini, […]
City Press on Twitter
- RT @ferialhaffajee: @City_Press on Sunday Beauty galore: Ms World, Queen B and the smashing ####! 5 hours ago
- RT @ferialhaffajee: @City_Press on Sunday 10 pot-holes in the report that's rocking #Sars. 5 hours ago
- MT @ferialhaffajee: @City_Press on Sunday The billionaire who'd like a helicopter under his tree. Xmas lists from the rich and famous. 5 hours ago
- RT @ferialhaffajee: @City_Press on Sunday Jackie Selebi finally gets his costs bill from the SAPS. 5 hours ago
- RT @ferialhaffajee: @City_Press on Sunday 10 years since the tsunami and 5 years since the Zunami. What happens next? 5 hours ago
I run because I run, and lately it feels like I’ve been running for my life.
Ordinary people are adversely affected by load shedding, and there may well be disastrous consequences for jobs, livelihoods and our sinking economy.
We hear it all the time, especially during the festive season. Many of South Africa’s taxis are death traps.