Former estate agent Wendy Machanik’s criminal case is set to continue in the Johannesburg Specialised Commercial Crimes Court today. Machanik and the chief financial officer of Wendy Machanik Property Holdings, Bruce Bernstein, last appeared on July 21. They face charges including conspiracy to commit fraud, failing to keep accounting records and failing to reflect more […]
johannesburg specialised commercial crimes court
Three people accused of fraud alongside controversial businessman Sandile Majali would be sent for mental observation, the Johannesburg Specialised Commercial Crimes Court ruled today. “I believe it would be in the interests of justice that all three accused be referred for mental observation,” said Magistrate Ashika Ramlaal. Majali and accused number five, Linda Welencia Dlamini, […]
City Press on Twitter
- Edward Zuma told Max du Preez where to get off after he wrote a scathing column criticising King Goodwill Zwelithini http://t.co/hJIQIWmm4z 3 hours ago
- “I apologise on behalf of government about what happened here. It is not right for us to fight as Africans.” http://t.co/vY3nsv44PK 4 hours ago
- Bruce Jenner makes transgender history by identifying as a woman: http://t.co/R7vuinsvPO 5 hours ago
- Wilmot James on DA top job: “I have received overwhelming support from colleagues and friends across the party.” http://t.co/kCDkkwyx6P 5 hours ago
- The Judicial Conduct Committee dismissed claims that Judge Jeanette Traverso was biased during Shrien Dewani's trial: http://t.co/Gx6pk3GR5y 5 hours ago
I’m busy working on Saturday’s babalaas when I get an SMS from a government spin doctor: “King Goodwill Zwelithini is going to talk about the xenophobia at KwaHlongwa near Maphumulo in a couple of hours’ time.”
It’s almost as if you need never ask about the origins of Africa; there never was a time when Africa was not here.
The rest of Africa is Simply, Better, Faster than South Africa, to borrow a phrase from Standard Bank, one of the big four banks that are minting it on our continent.