Former estate agent Wendy Machanik’s criminal case is set to continue in the Johannesburg Specialised Commercial Crimes Court today. Machanik and the chief financial officer of Wendy Machanik Property Holdings, Bruce Bernstein, last appeared on July 21. They face charges including conspiracy to commit fraud, failing to keep accounting records and failing to reflect more […]
johannesburg specialised commercial crimes court
Three people accused of fraud alongside controversial businessman Sandile Majali would be sent for mental observation, the Johannesburg Specialised Commercial Crimes Court ruled today. “I believe it would be in the interests of justice that all three accused be referred for mental observation,” said Magistrate Ashika Ramlaal. Majali and accused number five, Linda Welencia Dlamini, […]
City Press on Twitter
- RT @mbanjwax: According to Moller, #Malema was with a large group of drunk men. Says incident left him & his wife helpless & intimidated. 3 hours ago
- RT @mbanjwax: In an affidavit by the patron, Cassie Moller, he alleges #Malema called him a "Boer" & said "I will f*ck you up" repeatedly. 3 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: AfriForum deputy CEO Ernst Roets explaining why they are helping the patron: because #Malema "is a bully". 3 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: At AfriForum in Centurion where organisation will release a video of alleged assault by Julius #Malema on a patron in Limpopo. 3 hours ago
- RT @Clint_ZA: Such a drawn out and expensive process! The man on the street would get fired immediately if HR discovered lying on CV. 3 hours ago
Milisuthando Bongela asks where the underprivileged black woman is in the midst of all this trendy feminism.
It should be increasingly difficult for South Africa’s top executives to justify their enormous pay packages, given the furore over excessive pay, the country’s high level of unemployment, and the huge disparity between the highest- and lowest-paid employees at companies.