Former estate agent Wendy Machanik’s criminal case is set to continue in the Johannesburg Specialised Commercial Crimes Court today. Machanik and the chief financial officer of Wendy Machanik Property Holdings, Bruce Bernstein, last appeared on July 21. They face charges including conspiracy to commit fraud, failing to keep accounting records and failing to reflect more […]
johannesburg specialised commercial crimes court
Three people accused of fraud alongside controversial businessman Sandile Majali would be sent for mental observation, the Johannesburg Specialised Commercial Crimes Court ruled today. “I believe it would be in the interests of justice that all three accused be referred for mental observation,” said Magistrate Ashika Ramlaal. Majali and accused number five, Linda Welencia Dlamini, […]
City Press on Twitter
- #EFF members dispersed by cops’ stun grenade at Gauteng legislature: http://t.co/FuSy2qiYwW 3 hours ago
- KPMG probes correctional services electronic monitoring tender: http://t.co/CTCNQbQdDL 3 hours ago
- Limpopo intervention should not be ended by ‘rushed decision’ – DA: http://t.co/e54t7TIESs 3 hours ago
- Pirates only need ‘two or three’ new faces, says Vladimir Vermezović: http://t.co/4H2NhMQram 4 hours ago
- Reiger Park hijacker ‘often begged’ from family: http://t.co/aEoUkaZoNC 4 hours ago
Saturday. The Croc and I are up bright and early. Impolitely so, if you ask me, but we don’t have a choice. The Commander in Chief is in town so that’s that.
Honestly, do we really need the department of public works? Has it brought us anything but embarrassment and scandal?