Former estate agent Wendy Machanik’s criminal case is set to continue in the Johannesburg Specialised Commercial Crimes Court today. Machanik and the chief financial officer of Wendy Machanik Property Holdings, Bruce Bernstein, last appeared on July 21. They face charges including conspiracy to commit fraud, failing to keep accounting records and failing to reflect more […]
johannesburg specialised commercial crimes court
Three people accused of fraud alongside controversial businessman Sandile Majali would be sent for mental observation, the Johannesburg Specialised Commercial Crimes Court ruled today. “I believe it would be in the interests of justice that all three accused be referred for mental observation,” said Magistrate Ashika Ramlaal. Majali and accused number five, Linda Welencia Dlamini, […]
City Press on Twitter
- Thousands wait for #SenzoMeyiwa’s body in Durban: http://t.co/9xiYRupxZL 3 hours ago
- 15 judges fail to disclose interests: http://t.co/8AcF8UoYoe 3 hours ago
- VIDEO: Hezekiél Sepeng: Mbulaeni Mulaudzi used to call me old man: http://t.co/pzFdhtTWSV by @Thuls11 4 hours ago
- Nigeria avoids Fifa ban: http://t.co/w1Vtj59M78 4 hours ago
- ANC denies it’s facing bankruptcy: http://t.co/mhqAPRiPSL 4 hours ago
With back-to-back fashion weeks in Johannesburg, Malibongwe Tyilo maps out the treacherous fashion week ecosystem and its various species
Please stop telling me about respect because you only have oppression, corruption and ageism to give in return. Do not hide your incapacity, insecurity and unintelligibility with age – it’s stale and it’s embarrassing.
Yes, there is good news on Ebola. Nigeria and Senegal have been declared Ebola-free. This is a reflection of good governance. Nigeria learnt from a previous polio outbreak to lock down a breakout to prevent a pandemic.