The trade in illicit cigarettes counts among its alleged role players convicted drug dealers, self-confessed assassins and even a president’s son.
Men notorious for evading prosecution have been hit by the taxman, and Krejcir may be next. The self-confessed murderers of mining magnate Brett Kebble and others linked to Joburg’s seedy underworld owe the taxman close to R100 million. City Press can today reveal that the South African Revenue Service (Sars) has obtained separate tax debt […]
Mining magnate Brett Kebble’s self confessed killer Mikey Schultz has allegedly embarked on crime spree at entertainment venues across Johannesburg. Various police and security sources, who spoke to The Saturday Star on condition of anonymity confirmed that Schultz was being investigated for crimes that took place last year. These include the extortion of Sandton residents, […]
A chance encounter in a Kempton Park police cell opened the door to South Africa’s criminal underworld for alleged Czech “mob boss” Radovan Krejcir – and introduced him to some of its most powerful and controversial figures. Four years later, two of his closest associates – strip club boss Lolly Jackson and security consultant and […]
An investigating officer will give evidence to the High Court in Johannesburg today in the trial of Brett Kebble murder accused Glenn Agliotti.Investigating officer Pieter van Heerden is expected to enter the witness box after the trial was postponed in August to allow Kebble’s father, Roger, time to heal after a knee operation.However, yesterday Kebble […]
The trial of murder accused Glenn Agliotti has been delayed because recording equipment has been stolen from the court room at the High Court in Johannesburg. Proceedings were set to resume at 11.30am today to give police time to take fingerprints from Court 4C. Agliotti is facing two counts of conspiracy to commit murder, one […]
Boxing’s controversial Mikey Schultz will on July 1 return to the scene of his last nightmare, Wembley Arena in Johannesburg, for the WBO Africa Super Middleweight title rematch against Zimbabwean pugilist Tineyi Maridzo. Schultz, who was last year beaten in 87 seconds of the first round by the same opponent, says he wants to “set […]
City Press on Twitter
- Luis Suárez could make Barcelona debut against Real Madrid: http://t.co/86CyIXMsAc 4 hours ago
- Pansy Tlakula appeal: Multi-party forum files ConCourt papers: http://t.co/lgDTQIKq2h 4 hours ago
- Kyalami will remain a racetrack – Porsche SA: http://t.co/STjZoyVLIc by @Thuls11 5 hours ago
- Missing Air Algerie flight has crashed – Algerian aviation official: http://t.co/zslj9XGbRd 5 hours ago
- POLL: 10% say it should be compulsory for doctors to do military service for a year. What do you say? Vote: http://t.co/Xx8pgPDVfQ 5 hours ago
- 40 000 join Cape Town protest against Israeli attacks
- How Hlaudi Motsoeneng lied in SABC application: 4 E’s and an F in ‘matric’
- Why SA men have far less sex than the global average
- Transnet faces biggest class action in SA history over stripping of pension fund assets
- 10 steps to develop black professors
Saturday. The Croc and I are up bright and early. Impolitely so, if you ask me, but we don’t have a choice. The Commander in Chief is in town so that’s that.
Honestly, do we really need the department of public works? Has it brought us anything but embarrassment and scandal?