The trade in illicit cigarettes counts among its alleged role players convicted drug dealers, self-confessed assassins and even a president’s son.
Men notorious for evading prosecution have been hit by the taxman, and Krejcir may be next. The self-confessed murderers of mining magnate Brett Kebble and others linked to Joburg’s seedy underworld owe the taxman close to R100 million. City Press can today reveal that the South African Revenue Service (Sars) has obtained separate tax debt […]
Mining magnate Brett Kebble’s self confessed killer Mikey Schultz has allegedly embarked on crime spree at entertainment venues across Johannesburg. Various police and security sources, who spoke to The Saturday Star on condition of anonymity confirmed that Schultz was being investigated for crimes that took place last year. These include the extortion of Sandton residents, […]
A chance encounter in a Kempton Park police cell opened the door to South Africa’s criminal underworld for alleged Czech “mob boss” Radovan Krejcir – and introduced him to some of its most powerful and controversial figures. Four years later, two of his closest associates – strip club boss Lolly Jackson and security consultant and […]
An investigating officer will give evidence to the High Court in Johannesburg today in the trial of Brett Kebble murder accused Glenn Agliotti.Investigating officer Pieter van Heerden is expected to enter the witness box after the trial was postponed in August to allow Kebble’s father, Roger, time to heal after a knee operation.However, yesterday Kebble […]
The trial of murder accused Glenn Agliotti has been delayed because recording equipment has been stolen from the court room at the High Court in Johannesburg. Proceedings were set to resume at 11.30am today to give police time to take fingerprints from Court 4C. Agliotti is facing two counts of conspiracy to commit murder, one […]
Boxing’s controversial Mikey Schultz will on July 1 return to the scene of his last nightmare, Wembley Arena in Johannesburg, for the WBO Africa Super Middleweight title rematch against Zimbabwean pugilist Tineyi Maridzo. Schultz, who was last year beaten in 87 seconds of the first round by the same opponent, says he wants to “set […]
City Press on Twitter
- MT @oosthuizenoosi1: Unfair to the children, but also right to stand up for your rights. #talkingpoint #kuruman 2 hours ago
- MT @Todzis: Insanity is not knowing what you doing is idiotic...send psychiatrist to Kuruman. #talkingpoint #kuruman 2 hours ago
- MT @elvisbolokang: Pupils can't travel long distances with unroadworthy buses, I know conditions they are faced with #talkingpoint #kuruman 4 hours ago
- MT @MrCow_man: Parents should stop using children to fight their battles with government. Tar road is not education. #talkingpoint #kuruman 4 hours ago
- MT @mphomab: This is madness. These kids must go to school. What does tar got to do with education? #talkingpoint #kuruman 4 hours ago
If I was the colour red, I’d sue Valentine’s Day for defamation. There’s so much more to red than roses and silly balloons.
The actors and actresses of Generations, who are currently on strike, had their contracts terminated by the SABC. The big question is: how much does the show make?
There are many questions that arose after the chaotic scenes seen in Parliament this week.