Orlando police officers have been threatening to lock-up residents of Noordgesig who want to lay charges against them. This was after the residents took to the streets against electricity outages last week. Viniser Paile (47) was shot on her right leg, above her knee, on her way back from work on Wednesday. An angry Paile […]
Police have denied shooting rubber bullets and teargas at protesters in Noordgesig, Soweto, from two helicopters yesterday night. “The chopper has not fired any rubber bullets, the same applies to the ground patrol team,” said Captain Katlego Mogale. She was reacting to claims to this effect by National Association for the Advancement of Affected People […]
The situation at Noordgesig, near Soweto, where people are protesting against rolling blackouts, was “still very tense”. “The group is very aggressive and any small thing can get them fired up,” Mark Trimble, the founder of the National Association for the Advancement of Affected People (NAAAP) said. “There is still a stand-off between police and […]
City Press on Twitter
- GALLERY: Burkina Faso burns: http://t.co/9DbgvP4Lvn 5 hours ago
- You can run but you can’t hide – Mbalula to Senzo Meyiwa’s killers: http://t.co/pChcYRPVJ7 #MemorialService 5 hours ago
- Domestic workers ‘still lowest paid in the country’: http://t.co/YWavbHe1Jf 5 hours ago
- Apple CEO Tim Cook: I’m proud to be gay: http://t.co/SbPZgxdjgF 6 hours ago
- DA calls for debate on Zuma ‘ducking’ Parliament: http://t.co/GEY8MWTd0f 6 hours ago
With back-to-back fashion weeks in Johannesburg, Malibongwe Tyilo maps out the treacherous fashion week ecosystem and its various species
Please stop telling me about respect because you only have oppression, corruption and ageism to give in return. Do not hide your incapacity, insecurity and unintelligibility with age – it’s stale and it’s embarrassing.
Yes, there is good news on Ebola. Nigeria and Senegal have been declared Ebola-free. This is a reflection of good governance. Nigeria learnt from a previous polio outbreak to lock down a breakout to prevent a pandemic.