Orlando police officers have been threatening to lock-up residents of Noordgesig who want to lay charges against them. This was after the residents took to the streets against electricity outages last week. Viniser Paile (47) was shot on her right leg, above her knee, on her way back from work on Wednesday. An angry Paile […]
Police have denied shooting rubber bullets and teargas at protesters in Noordgesig, Soweto, from two helicopters yesterday night. “The chopper has not fired any rubber bullets, the same applies to the ground patrol team,” said Captain Katlego Mogale. She was reacting to claims to this effect by National Association for the Advancement of Affected People […]
The situation at Noordgesig, near Soweto, where people are protesting against rolling blackouts, was “still very tense”. “The group is very aggressive and any small thing can get them fired up,” Mark Trimble, the founder of the National Association for the Advancement of Affected People (NAAAP) said. “There is still a stand-off between police and […]
City Press on Twitter
- Pakistan cricketer plagued by ghost at team hotel: http://t.co/DGweubxojU 3 hours ago
- Melissa Rivers files lawsuit in mother Joan’s death: http://t.co/l4Jfwyw5aS 3 hours ago
- Occult specialist to testify in ‘demon’ family murder trial: http://t.co/D8zLXlZeLm 3 hours ago
- Tunisia, DR Congo draw to reach last 8: http://t.co/HJrhxUEwQ5 #Afcon2015 11 hours ago
- Group B: Tunisia and DR Congo are through to the quarterfinals #Afcon2015 12 hours ago
I run because I run, and lately it feels like I’ve been running for my life.
I have a tendency to visit restaurants whenever I reward myself for something that I regard as somewhat significant. What better place to do this than at one of my favourite restaurants at Camps Bay in Cape Town?
Former president Thabo Mbeki made a promise to the world in July 2008.