Orlando police officers have been threatening to lock-up residents of Noordgesig who want to lay charges against them. This was after the residents took to the streets against electricity outages last week. Viniser Paile (47) was shot on her right leg, above her knee, on her way back from work on Wednesday. An angry Paile […]
Police have denied shooting rubber bullets and teargas at protesters in Noordgesig, Soweto, from two helicopters yesterday night. “The chopper has not fired any rubber bullets, the same applies to the ground patrol team,” said Captain Katlego Mogale. She was reacting to claims to this effect by National Association for the Advancement of Affected People […]
The situation at Noordgesig, near Soweto, where people are protesting against rolling blackouts, was “still very tense”. “The group is very aggressive and any small thing can get them fired up,” Mark Trimble, the founder of the National Association for the Advancement of Affected People (NAAAP) said. “There is still a stand-off between police and […]
City Press on Twitter
- Michael Clarke: ‘World Cup final will be last ODI’: http://t.co/Byd58IPRwr 3 hours ago
- Why petrol price is going up by R1.62: http://t.co/CGVoJmWp9s 3 hours ago
- Goodluck Jonathan urges his nation to vote peacefully and accept the results of today’s elections: http://t.co/fI16bD7QBa #NigeriaDecides 3 hours ago
- When were you ever invited to a Bar Mitzvah? You're not even welcome to funerals, writes Paul Vilakazi: http://t.co/Y2QG0xq0Nx #RaceDebate 20 hours ago
- City Press investigation about how Sadtu members allegedly sold jobs wins Taco Kuiper Investigative Journalism award: http://t.co/BFxvBaRmwI 20 hours ago
Rhodes was a nasty piece of work. The statue should have been pulled down and given to the Apartheid Museum in about May 1994.
Pravin Gordhan is a master propagandist who speaks good things and writes speeches that receive space on front pages of newspapers.
The problems at Eskom came to a head late this week when Standard & Poor’s relegated it to junk status. The ratings agency said it had less confidence in Eskom because of the suspension last week of four of its senior executives.