Orlando police officers have been threatening to lock-up residents of Noordgesig who want to lay charges against them. This was after the residents took to the streets against electricity outages last week. Viniser Paile (47) was shot on her right leg, above her knee, on her way back from work on Wednesday. An angry Paile […]
Police have denied shooting rubber bullets and teargas at protesters in Noordgesig, Soweto, from two helicopters yesterday night. “The chopper has not fired any rubber bullets, the same applies to the ground patrol team,” said Captain Katlego Mogale. She was reacting to claims to this effect by National Association for the Advancement of Affected People […]
The situation at Noordgesig, near Soweto, where people are protesting against rolling blackouts, was “still very tense”. “The group is very aggressive and any small thing can get them fired up,” Mark Trimble, the founder of the National Association for the Advancement of Affected People (NAAAP) said. “There is still a stand-off between police and […]
City Press on Twitter
- Champions League round-up: Arsenal through to last 16, Liverpool stumble again: http://t.co/kBATF1hiDU 3 hours ago
- AmaTuks, Pirates share spoils in goalless draw: http://t.co/6XS1vc43Xg 5 hours ago
- ANC is in trouble – Jacob Zuma: http://t.co/AL5jgNkUW4 5 hours ago
- RT @JBKB2: FF Plus is headed into oblivion so it has come up with a ridiculous petition to the UN. #talkingpoint 5 hours ago
- MT @MongeziPeter: This attention seeking display must be ignored.I'd rather discuss Kenny Kunene's mid-life crisis for 5 days. #talkingpoint 5 hours ago
Wednesday. I’m hungry. I’m thinking about Doctor Hunter S Thomson.
The recent behaviour displayed by our parliamentarians is disturbing, with the name-calling, shouting and refusal to obey the rules of the House.
There is nothing as sweet as a hard-earned victory. Ask Bafana Bafana. They should be over the moon at qualifying for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea.