Orlando police officers have been threatening to lock-up residents of Noordgesig who want to lay charges against them. This was after the residents took to the streets against electricity outages last week. Viniser Paile (47) was shot on her right leg, above her knee, on her way back from work on Wednesday. An angry Paile […]
Police have denied shooting rubber bullets and teargas at protesters in Noordgesig, Soweto, from two helicopters yesterday night. “The chopper has not fired any rubber bullets, the same applies to the ground patrol team,” said Captain Katlego Mogale. She was reacting to claims to this effect by National Association for the Advancement of Affected People […]
The situation at Noordgesig, near Soweto, where people are protesting against rolling blackouts, was “still very tense”. “The group is very aggressive and any small thing can get them fired up,” Mark Trimble, the founder of the National Association for the Advancement of Affected People (NAAAP) said. “There is still a stand-off between police and […]
City Press on Twitter
- Zuma didn’t grant Oscar trial interview – Maharaj: http://t.co/mSUJTx4ouC 8 hours ago
- Champions League round-up: Chelsea hit Maribor for 6, Bayern crush Roma: http://t.co/VhIjua61CE 8 hours ago
- Aces fly past Pirates: http://t.co/AkBmB2SMSa 9 hours ago
- Pistorius’ sentence was carefully chosen – expert: http://t.co/NCWHsgfw4h 10 hours ago
- Twitter is a source of evil – Muslim cleric: http://t.co/kaf94iZZup 11 hours ago
Could you please calm down and crawl back into the beds and couches from whence you came? Yes, I’m talking to you.
It should be increasingly difficult for South Africa’s top executives to justify their enormous pay packages, given the furore over excessive pay, the country’s high level of unemployment, and the huge disparity between the highest- and lowest-paid employees at companies.