Orlando police officers have been threatening to lock-up residents of Noordgesig who want to lay charges against them. This was after the residents took to the streets against electricity outages last week. Viniser Paile (47) was shot on her right leg, above her knee, on her way back from work on Wednesday. An angry Paile […]
Police have denied shooting rubber bullets and teargas at protesters in Noordgesig, Soweto, from two helicopters yesterday night. “The chopper has not fired any rubber bullets, the same applies to the ground patrol team,” said Captain Katlego Mogale. She was reacting to claims to this effect by National Association for the Advancement of Affected People […]
The situation at Noordgesig, near Soweto, where people are protesting against rolling blackouts, was “still very tense”. “The group is very aggressive and any small thing can get them fired up,” Mark Trimble, the founder of the National Association for the Advancement of Affected People (NAAAP) said. “There is still a stand-off between police and […]
City Press on Twitter
- How to … survive load shedding: http://t.co/o7BeVdBIRZ by @Thuls11 2 hours ago
- Repo rate remains unchanged; Gill Marcus to step down: http://t.co/3qrW78DZOW 3 hours ago
- Sasco will ‘force’ financial aid scheme to help students: http://t.co/u5FUEGWdjU 3 hours ago
- MOST READ: Charismatic preachers: Healers or charlatans? http://t.co/ZcVVDrnfLM #TBJoshua 4 hours ago
- Soweto Derby is not boring – Doctor Khumalo: http://t.co/lFO7xB96t6 4 hours ago
Tuesday morning. The beginning of the working week for us Tuesday-to-Saturday punters.
I heard with shock when insults were elevated to another level by Kebby Maphatsoe, a leader of government who audaciously called Public Protector Thuli Madonsela a CIA spy and accused her of undermining the ANC.
The decision by the Northern Cape education department to close down schools in Kuruman for the rest of the year is a tragic and regrettable one.