Oscar Pistorius lost a court bid today to prevent the state from appealing his culpable homicide conviction in the Supreme Court of Appeal.
Lawyers for paralympian Oscar Pistorius will today appeal the court decision allowing the state to appeal his culpable homicide conviction.
Convicted killer Oscar Pistorius and Czech fugitive Radovan Krejčíř are seen passing their prison time with a game of football in this footage obtained by the Daily Sun.
Reeva Steenkamp’s mother, June, says she has moved on from the Oscar Pistorius trial. She has set her focus on building her daughter’s legacy in the form of the Reeva Rebecca Steenkamp Foundation.
A company owned by the family of Oscar Pistorius has been hit by allegations of price fixing.
City Press joined journalist and author John Carlin for coffee at the release of Chase your Shadow: The Trials of Oscar Pistorius
A report that Oscar Pistorius threw a “wobbly” when he heard that the State’s application for leave to appeal his conviction was successful, is untrue, says his lawyer.
The countdown to the new year has began. But before we greet 2015, let us take a look back at the videos that got South Africans glued to their screens this year.
Oscar Pistorius’ next stop is Bloemfontein. Judge Thokozile Masipa today granted the state leave to appeal the athlete’s conviction of culpable homicide at the Supreme Court of Appeal in Bloemfontein.
Judge Thokozile Masipa is expected to give her ruling on the state’s leave to appeal Paralympian athlete Oscar Pistorius’ sentence and conviction, in the North Gauteng High Court today.
Oscar Pistorius’ defence lawyer Barry Roux has argued that state prosecutor Gerrie Nel has no right to question the factual findings made by Judge Thokozile Masipa in his client’s murder trial and that no higher court would find different anyway.
The application by the State for leave to appeal Oscar Pistorius’ sentence and conviction was not an easy task, the North Gauteng High Court in Pretoria has heard.
The state’s application for leave to appeal Paralympian athlete Oscar Pistorius’ sentence and conviction is expected to be heard in the North Gauteng High Court in Pretoria today.
After 49 days in prison, Oscar Pistorius could get bail if the State succeeds in its application for leave to appeal his sentence and conviction, says a law expert.
The parents of slain model Reeva Steenkamp and honeymoon bride Anni Dewani have united in their grief.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @AnneLeonardPta: People who expect waiters to work for free shouldn't eat out. In a country with millions struggling, people must be real 3 hours ago
- RT @geraldinedun1: Food has become expensive. If you can't tip, find another act of kindness to pay it forward. 3 hours ago
- RT @nhlakagreg: I do tip but depending on the service, if the service was terrible I don't tip, or if I waited too long without explanation 3 hours ago
- RT @pietmashika: I can only speak for myself, most of the time I have only enough money to buy a meal that's why I don't tip. 3 hours ago
- RT @donnedwards: Great article! It's not *only* black nouveau riche who are bad tippers. Rapid wealth makes most people arrogant 3 hours ago
Wednesday. The Croc (photographer Khaya Ngwenya) andI are hanging out with Riyana Bujram. Riyana’s this fearless, in charge-of-the world three-year-old.
South Africa is easily spooked by bogus intelligence reports. It is easy to lose count of the number of so-called intelligence reports that have been used in factional wars throughout our democratic era.