The Free State provincial government has allegedly spent an estimated R1.6 million in the past three months on advertisements in The Weekly, a newspaper owned by Letlaka Media – the company that was awarded the multimillion-rand website contract from the office of Premier Ace Magashule.
The company that charged the Free State provincial government R47 million for its website design could lose its lucrative contracts as National Treasury sets its sights on the beleaguered province.
Free State Finance MEC Seiso Mohai was silent on the controversial R140 million provincial government website in his budget speech today.
Free State Premier Ace Magashule said he would investigate the multimillion-rand website design contract for the Free State government.
A total of 38 websites, and not only one, form part of the Free State’s multiyear integrated website project, the provincial government has said.
The Free State provincial government spent R140 million on its website.
City Press on Twitter
- Pule Mabe cleared of fraud, corruption charges: http://t.co/el5pCaQM88 5 hours ago
- TALKING POINT: Fana Hlongwane suggests he was hauled before the arms deal inquiry because he is black and wealthy. Have your say. 7 hours ago
- Maimane in hot water for calling Zuma a criminal: http://t.co/xhUqxVPJmZ by @andiMakinana 7 hours ago
- Jim wanted Vavi as Zuma’s deputy – Nzimande: http://t.co/jlNCjw8yKL 9 hours ago
- Cosatu leaders waste energy on internal battles – Vavi: http://t.co/JRKu2Mz5bZ by @PolokoTau 9 hours ago
I run because I run, and lately it feels like I’ve been running for my life.
I read with interest the article “Young Lions stayin’ alive” by Shaka Sisulu (City Press, November 30 2014).
You attest to receiving R1 million from a Mafia don and a minister has to write you a letter asking you to resign from a public board.