The Free State provincial government has allegedly spent an estimated R1.6 million in the past three months on advertisements in The Weekly, a newspaper owned by Letlaka Media – the company that was awarded the multimillion-rand website contract from the office of Premier Ace Magashule.
The company that charged the Free State provincial government R47 million for its website design could lose its lucrative contracts as National Treasury sets its sights on the beleaguered province.
Free State Finance MEC Seiso Mohai was silent on the controversial R140 million provincial government website in his budget speech today.
Free State Premier Ace Magashule said he would investigate the multimillion-rand website design contract for the Free State government.
A total of 38 websites, and not only one, form part of the Free State’s multiyear integrated website project, the provincial government has said.
The Free State provincial government spent R140 million on its website.
City Press on Twitter
- Impala, Anglo meet Amcu halfway: http://t.co/I62zYOWvi0 by Dewald van Rensburg 3 hours ago
- VIDEO: @Debora_Patta's diary: Defence witness Roger Dixon off for a beer after Gerrie Nel mauling: http://t.co/cUNOtV8jlK #OscarPistorius 4 hours ago
- Opposition parties want court to force Pansy Tlakula to resign: http://t.co/YyAr7s9PqI 5 hours ago
- Lions coach says they need a win to keep Sharks at bay: http://t.co/hioHWdAM4m by @kaymorizm 5 hours ago
- NFP, ANC may work together – Baleka Mbete: http://t.co/hTEqXI54cg 6 hours ago