The Free State provincial government has allegedly spent an estimated R1.6 million in the past three months on advertisements in The Weekly, a newspaper owned by Letlaka Media – the company that was awarded the multimillion-rand website contract from the office of Premier Ace Magashule.
The company that charged the Free State provincial government R47 million for its website design could lose its lucrative contracts as National Treasury sets its sights on the beleaguered province.
Free State Finance MEC Seiso Mohai was silent on the controversial R140 million provincial government website in his budget speech today.
Free State Premier Ace Magashule said he would investigate the multimillion-rand website design contract for the Free State government.
A total of 38 websites, and not only one, form part of the Free State’s multiyear integrated website project, the provincial government has said.
The Free State provincial government spent R140 million on its website.
City Press on Twitter
- RT @bhintsintsi: Israeli President Shimon Peres via Lenk says #Mandela was an example to all us. Says the world has lost a great leader 12 hours ago
- RT @Joonji: 'But they forget who we are: Madiba's children...'Debora Patta giving me goosebumps in the @City_Press 12 hours ago
- MT @carienduplessis: Singing National Anthem, #Mandela's very old tortured comrades surrounded by born-free school kids. Then the tears came 12 hours ago
- MT @bhintsintsi: Mbeki: What is it that we do to ensure that the things we do don't betray the legacy of #Mandela? May he rest in peace 12 hours ago
- MT @bhintsintsi: Mbeki: Transformation is more difficult than ending apartheid. Do we have quality of leadership to sustain legacy? #Mandela 12 hours ago